It is important to make a statement without breaking the bank, and while a dress would get too simple and a lehenga or sharara would get too jazzy.Here are five styling and fashion tips this Diwali given by Ms.Archana Dhankar, Fashion blogger, stylist and Image consultant, Fashionforroyals.com.
1. For an elegant look, wear a traditional tussar silk saree, Ditch the conventional old blouse and pair it with an off-shoulder crop top to go vogue this season. Try contrasting shades and incorporate the colours of the festival in your outfit. Pleat the pallu of your saree to show-off the statement sleeves of your off-shoulder crop top.
2. Opt for silver jewellery to accessorize the outfit. Pair a chunky silver necklace with a statement cocktail ring and gorgeous jhumkas. Complete your look with a bold lip colour. You can also add some kundans to your jewel box. Kundans accessories always blend perfectly with your traditional look and will add oomph to the complete look.
3. For Footwear, Jhootis or Kholapuris will work best. It is better to stay comfortable to be able to enjoy the raas-garba and other get together parties. Comfortable in its feel, it’s just the footwear for your insanely long party nights. Just pair this right with any of your festive outfits.
4. For a cocktail party look go for 70’s style Palazzo pants or trouser pants. It can be paired with different key pieces in your wardrobe. Mix it up a little by going for a modern take on the ethnic wear and go for embroidered bottoms with a short kurti.
5. For a perfect Indo-western outfit try unique embellished jumpsuits that set ideal for this look. Wear one with sequin-work or ethnic embroidery and accessorize them with jhumkas, ethnic clutches or metal bangles.