Holi, the festival of colours and joy is around the corner. There is no need to shy away from the colours, mouth watering sweets and fun that comes with the festival. However in the midst of celebrations one must not neglect the negative health implications of colours on skin and hair.
Here are a few tips to protect skin and hair:
• Keep your skin moisturised- Essential step before getting prepped up for holi is to moisture your skin. To prevent the harmful chemicals from the colours to penetrate through the skin it is very important to apply plenty of moisturiser or oil.
• Apply Waterproof Sunscreen- Make sure you apply waterproof sunscreen before stepping out in the sun. This will protect skin from harsh chemicals and sunburns from staying all day long in the sun. However applying sunscreen once before stepping out is not sufficient, apply every two hours.
• Stay hydrated - One of the most important steps to protect your skin from the damaging effects of harmful chemicals is to drink plenty of water or liquids, to prevent from dehydration as a result it will protect the skin from becoming dry and prone to harsh colours.
• oil your hair- Before you braid your locks apply a generous amount of olive or coconut oil. The oil will act as a protective shield for hair against the chemicals.
• Cover your skin and hair- To minimize the damage caused on the skin and hair while playing holi, make sure you wear a full sleeved outfit to cover your body and also try to cover your hair by wearing a hat.
• Stock on Vaseline- To prevent the colours from getting absorbed by your body, apply generous amount of Vaseline on your lips and ears before exposing your lips and ears to the harsh chemicals and the sun.
- Akhila kakarala
Pic courtesy: https://www.whatsuplife.in
Pic courtesy: http://blog.glamy.in