Excessive sweating can be commonly seen during summer. While most people are under the misconception that sweating is caused by humidity there are other factors that have proven to cause sweating. Stress, hormonal fluctuations, anxiety, respiratory problems, diabetes and heart problem also aid excess sweating.
Here are a few home remedies to get rid of excess sweat:
1. Apple Cider Vinegar- Due to its astringent properties, apple cider vinegar balances the body’s PH levels, thereby controlling sweating. Before going to bed mix two teaspoons of apple cider vinegar with water and rub it on the areas where you experience sweating.
2. Potato- Potato absorbs excess water from the body by acting as an antiperspirant and blocking agent. Cut a potato in circular slices and place it on the area where you experience excessive sweating. Rub it gently and leave it for about 15 minutes and rinse it off with warm water.
3. Lemon- The citric acid in lemon eliminates the unpleasant smell and bacteria that causes sweat. During the night, mix one teaspoon of lemon juice with baking soda and apply it on the sweat prone area using cotton, leave it on for about 20 to 30 minutes before rinsing with water.
4. Salt- Salt is known for its dehydrating effect on the body and it slows down the functioning of sweat glands. Take a spoonful of Salt and rub it on the areas that are prone to sweat.
5. Black tea- Black tea contains Tannic acid, which neutralizes the body’s sweat prone areas. The astringent properties of the acid help tighten the sweat glands, thereby reducing the sweat. Dip a few tea bags in warm water and let it sit for some time. Now using cotton apply this on the sweaty area. Once dry take a shower with warm water. Repeat this regularly to notice changes.
- Akhila Kakarala
Pic courtesy: http://www.suddenlyslimmer.com