Potatoes despite tasting delicious either baked, fried or boiled are often regarded as being unhealthy but it is a lesser known fact that they are packed with vitamins and minerals. This vegetable, which is infused with flavours can be cooked in number of ways.
The delicious Swedish version of Hasselback Potatoes are crispy outside and tender inside and the Crock pot baked potatoes are light and tender, these two dishes make for a perfect appetizer.
1. 1 potato per person(four potatoes used here), washed and dried
2. 2 tbsp olive oil
3. 2 tbsp melted butter
4. 1 tbsp parsley
5. 1 tbsp oregano
6. 1/2 tsp Italian salad dressing
7. 4 thinly sliced garlic cloves
8. Salt and pepper
• First step is to heat the oven to 220 degree Celsius and place a baking tray on a foil, brush some butter and oil on the foil.
• Now take a roundish serving spoon and place the potatoes facing down on the foil, and make cuts across the potato.
• Cut the potato at a distance of about 3mm and make sure not to cut it all the way through.
• Now place finely sliced garlic or garlic salt in alternate grooves, one slice in each groove.
• Take a bowl and mix oil and butter, to this add rest of the seasonings (salt, oregano, parsley, black pepper and Italian salad).
• Now take the paste and coat it on each evenly between the grooves using a brush, make sure the potato does not break by pushing it apart.
• Now on a baking tray place each potato and bake it for 40 minutes.
• To check if the potato turned crisp and golden red check it by sticking a fork on the side of potato.
• If there is no resistance then the root has been cooked through.
• Enjoy the dish with cream cheese or ketchup.
Crock Pot Baked Potato
• 4-5 Russet baking potatoes
• 2-3 teaspoon olive oil
• 1-1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
• Aluminum foil
• Chopped chives
• Freshly grated cheese
• Crumbled bacon
• Non-fat plain greek yogurt
• Wash and dry the potatoes, for each potato, tear off a piece of aluminium foil to completely wrap around the potato.
• Before placing the potato in the center of the foil prick all over using a fork, drizzle with 1/2 teaspoon of olive oil and 1/4 kosher salt.
• Rub the oil and salt over the surface of the potato and wrap it tightly with the foil sheet and place in your slow cooker.
• Cook the potato on low for 8 to 10 hours or high for about 4 to 5 hours, until they become soft. Makesure not to overcook or the potato will become soggy.
• Remove and gently unwrap.
• Split and top the dish with chives, bacon, greek yogurt and cheese.
- Recipes from http://www.wellplated.com/ , http://www.femina.in/
- Pic courtesy: http://www.archanaskitchen.com, http://cdn2.wellplated.com