Parmesan Chicken Goujons
|skinless chicken breasts
finely grated parmesan
fine quick-cook polenta
1. Slice each chicken breast into three thick strips, season the flour, and place in a shallow bowl. Whisk the egg with mustard in a second bowl, and then combine the parmesan, polenta, and breadcrumbs in a third. Roll the chicken strips in the flour, shake off the excess.
2. Dip the chicken in egg and roll it in the parmesan crumbs. Cover it and let it chill in a plate for 10 minutes. Heat the vegetable oil, add the goujons, and fry for four minutes until it turns golden and crisp all over. Sprinkle salt and serve warm.
Wild Mushroom Ravioli
|dried porcini mushroom
fresh flat parsley
ground black pepper
1. Soak dried mushrooms in enough boiling water to cover them completely, for about 15 minutes or until soft. Drain and discard liquid. Squeeze the mushrooms to remove additional liquid and then finely chop them. In a large mixing bowl, add the flour, eggs, olive oil, water, and salt and mix until the ingredients come together to form a dough.
2. Turn the dough out onto a floured surface, and knead until smooth and elastic, for about 10 to 15 minutes. Wrap it in plastic wrap and set aside. Meanwhile, in a medium skillet, cook the fresh mushrooms in hot oil over medium-high heat for about five minutes or until the liquid is evaporated.
3. Add the porcini mushrooms, parsley, and garlic and cook it for a minute. Remove it from the heat and sprinkle salt and pepper on it. In a medium bowl, combine egg yolk, ricotta cheese, and the mushroom mixture. Cover and chill until needed.